Spotlight on the Aseptic Track at the 2015 Aseptic Processing Technology Conference
Aseptic filling of parenterals coupled with maintaining compliance is one the most challenging tasks within pharmaceutical manufacturing. To learn more on managing these challenges, don’t miss the Aseptic Track at the 2015 Aseptic Processing Technology Conference on 23 – 24 February in Baltimore, MD
With the conference in its 24th year, this year’s Aseptic Track includes a wide range of topics from filling accuracy and machine performance to maintaining a sterile and compliant process. Additional Aseptic Track highlights include:
- Exploring Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) processing in two sessions – “High Potent Fill/Finish 2.0,” and “High Potent Fill/Finish: Practical Aspects.”
- Learning about Ampio Pharmaceuticals’ liquid fill process which utilizes an automated closed system process, single use format with a minimal footprint in “Single Use Technology Considerations in an Aseptic Operation: Upstream Product Handling through Final Fill.”
- Hearing lessons learned in the development of new blood plasma production facility in “Sterile Filling System – Aseptic Filling System that Minimizes Risk of Contamination.”
- Discussing the design and execution of an external technology transfer project in “Management Lessons Learned from Technology Transfers of Lyophilized Drug Products.”
- Gaining solutions for filling needle clogging under precisely controlled environmental condition in “Launching from a Pilot Plant – A valid option in a changing environment?”
The conference does not offer only Aseptic Track sessions, there are also special breakfast sessions with the ISPE Drug Shortages Task Team on Monday, 23 February about “How Improving Your Aseptic Processing Can Reduce Drug Shortages.” And on Tuesday, 24 February 2015, the ISPE Chesapeake Bay Chapter will host “Multi-Product Fill/Finish Trends and Customer Expectations for Contract Manufacturers,” over breakfast.
These sessions are just a few of the exciting learning and networking opportunities available during the conference. For more information on the Aseptic Track or the conference, please visit the conference website.
In other news, did you have an opportunity to read the Pharmaceutical Engineering electronic Aseptic Supplement? New Aseptic Technologies Enable Enhanced Product and Process Performance features five articles describing new aseptic technologies or techniques employed by a variety of organizations and researchers to improve and enhance products, processes, instruments, associated technologies, and services.
Download the issue here.