Process stimulation techniques presented at Pharma EXPO
Phillip Lyman and David Burgos of CRB Consulting Engineers, Inc., presented a case for implementing a process simulation approach in the session, “Improving Package Line Efficiency with Simulation.”
Assumptions, input data and a typical model configuration process where described using two case studies including an Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) manufacturing renovation project.
The case studies illustrated how a process model can be used to increase throughput, improve efficiency and reduce costs. Phillip and David explained the following five benefits of process simulation for filling and packaging line optimization.
- Cost avoidance during design
- Cost reduction in existing facilities
- Predict the impact of proposed improvements
- Generate metrics to build a business case
- Deeper process understanding is key to ensuring facility objectives are met and in driving continuous improvement
For more information on Phillip Lyman’s and David Burgos’ presentation and Pharma EXPO, please visit www.pharmaexpo.com.