Celebrating 2016 Facility of the Year Award Winning Companies
The evening of 7 June marked ISPE’s 12th Annual Facility of the Year Awards (FOYA) Banquet in Bethesda, MD where ISPE and guests gathered to honor the accomplishments of six category and three honorable mention winning companies in this year’s FOYA program.
Dave DiProperso, CRB, ISPE FOYA Committee Chair and the evenings host, welcomed guests and winners from around the globe at the opening reception and dinner to celebrate and highlight the best of the best in 2016 – the exemplary projects that epitomized the spirit of FOYA.
ISPE President and CEO, John Bournas took the stage to thank the winners and to highlight two of the winning companies for their contributions to Drug Shortages Prevention. ISPE through its ongoing commitment to the prevention of drug shortages, recognized Baxter BioPharma Solutions and Janssen Vaccines AG, who by virtue of their accomplishments have strengthened their ability to mitigate drug shortages and minimize their impact on patients. Martin Teo, AstraZeneca China, winner of the 2015 Overall Award and the evening’s Keynote speaker, shared his journey on becoming a FOYA winner and the importance of the win not only for the company but to his country.
Before Dave invited the winning representatives to accept their award, James Breen, Johnson & Johnson, Chair of the Judging committee, joined him on stage to thank the judging committee and introduced a new category award for 2017, for Facility of the Future. This award will recognize the application and/or implementation of innovative design concepts, new technologies, and unique solutions that exemplify the next generation of agile, flexible, efficient, and effective new and existing Life Sciences facilities.
After a brief description of each winning project, Dave and Jim invited representatives to join them on stage to accept their award and say a few words.
Representatives who accepted on behalf of their company were:
- Operational Excellence: Rich Kennedy, BioPharmaSolutions
- Sustainability: Joel Delgado, Facilities Management Site Management, Ethicon, LLC\
- Process Innovation: Chris Schreil, Project Manager, Genentech
- Project Execution: Peter Jost-Spies, Lead Engineering & Maintenance, Vaccines Platform, Janssen Vaccines AG
- Equipment Innovation: Daniel O. Blackwood, Director, Advanced Technologies Prototyping & Implementation, Pfizer Inc.
- Facility Integration: Junichi Mineno, Managing Director, Takara Bio, Inc.
- Honorable Mentions:
- Mr. Sanchai Pilenkaew, Assistant Managing Director, Greater Pharma Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- John Mulgrew, CMAC Project Manager, University of Strathclyde, CMAC
- Ed Hill, Sr. Program Manager, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
ISPE congratulates this year’s winners!
Have you or your company been working on a newly designed or renovated facility and think you have what it takes to be a 2017 FOYA winner? Submit your facility today!